United Contractor Services is a growing national commercial specialty contractor. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to serve as an Estimator for our clients in our local and national markets. Qualified candidates will possess experience directing the construction of multiple projects, which will include both the new construction and the renovation of office spaces, retail, hospitality, multi-family, restaurants, industrial and healthcare.
The growth and success United has experienced is due to our team “all-hands-on deck” approach to servicing our clients. Our mission is to Build Relationships. . . Not Just Projects.
We have a contemporary office setting with a business casual atmosphere. If you would like to be part of our team and earn competitive industry pay you must have the following qualifications to be considered for the position:
- Attend pre-construction meetings, becomes the liaison between client and company, sale our brand and services to our clientele and potential clients.
- Create and/or collaborate on RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, Bid Analysis, Unit Cost Development, and Production rate tracking
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of projects following a logical pattern
- Anticipate problems and plan potential solutions in a proactive manner to minimize errors
- Communicate to client regarding potential design issues
- Ability to accurately estimate drywall/metal framing projects
- Ability to run a project from start to finish; take-offs, material order, project management, project close out/punch lists
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposals
- Perform on-screen take-off with above average ability/accuracy in take-offs and estimating
- Professional face to face customer interaction and sales involvement from initial contact through business closing.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry productive and relationship building business conversations with end users and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in gaining market share from larger competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops aqualified client list through referrals, cold calling, email and networking.
- 7+ years of commercial drywall/metal framing sales experience (required)
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills and capacity to build a strong office with departmental teams
- Strong communications skills to work across departments and with various levels of management
- Proven ability to manage a high-production construction schedule with multiple deadlines, in-house and outside resources and interdepartmental coordination
- Experience in negotiating and managing subcontracts
- Experience in working with plan documents,On-Screen Takeoff and Quick-Bid estimating system, some design experience helpful
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to think strategically and to envision and balance “big-picture” priorities
- Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Project (Word, Excel), Plangrid, smart-bid, iSq-ft (preferred) and Internetsavvy individual is required
PLEASE LIST SPECIFIC DRYWALL EXPERIENCE ON RESUME
We have developed one of the most attractive and lucrative compensation system in the construction industry. Our comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Competitive Industry Pay
- 401 K
- Paid Vacations
*United Contractor Services is an equal opportunity Employer